Monday, February 8, 2010

The New Me

Braces and Acne Free!
(please click the photos to enlarge)









I'm Joana C. Brusas and a GLUTAMAX user.My life is like a roller coaster ride. To be quite honest, I used to have inferiority complex because of what have happened to me growing up.


At the age of 4, I almost died because of blood poisoning. (That's what you get from eating dirty food). I remember struggling just to keep myself awake. I also remember how my mom would stand by me all the time. Luckily, I survived that devastating phase of my life but with a consequence. I suffered a partial brain damage and was not able to speak for 1 year.


After that, everything changed. I started feeling inferior compared to others.


As time passes by, I began to trust myself more, with the help of my friends, family and love ones.


At the age of 10years old, I had braces. It was so hard for me. I got thinner and thinner. I felt like an outcast and people keep on teasing me "kabayo" because I was so thin. But I didn't let them get into my head.
Highschool days were fun and exciting. I still had my braces until I was in 2nd year. Thanks to my friends, I got over the teasing.

I spent my senior year in Pennsylvania, USA as an exchanged student. I strived hard just to get the scholarship from Rotary Club. I had to leave everything I had in the Philippines and become an ambassador in USA. That's tough for a 15 year old teenager like me.


During my stay in Pennsylvania, the Lord tested me once more when my appendix bursted. My family cannot come to the USA because of financial reasons so I kept myself strong.

With this experience, I learned to become more confident with my self again and independent.

Unfortunately, at 20 years old, while in college. My hormones suddenly kicked in and acne started to build up on my face and back and everywhere! I was so upset. I saved my allowance for facial treatments in BELO, Let's Face It, name it. I tried everything. I even tried putting calamansi and ice on my face but nothing seems to work. Everyday, my self confidence started fading. I can't even get out of our house because of embarrassment.



That's when my mom (my angel!) found out about YSA Skin Care. Since the year 2003, Ysa has been taking care of my skin for me. They also introduced me to Glutamax.


Glutamax did not only lightened my skin evenly, it also helped my pimples to dry out and pimple scars to eventually fade! Glutamax gave me so much more! It transformed me from being insecure to a new Joana - confident and happy me!


I've been experiencing changes all my life. The best lesson that I learned from these changes is to accept myself for who I am. I learned that if I can love myself, eveything will fall into place. Self-Confidence indeed is the secret to success and hapiness that I've been dreaming of!



Now, I am transformed. Thanks to my love ones, Ysa Skin Care (Alabang and Sta. Rosa Branch) and of course, Glutamax, I can now do the things that I love without having to worry about my skin! No more acne for me!








GLUTAMAX - SEE THE DIFFERENCE
(I did..)

No comments:

Post a Comment