Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dear Rubber Shoes

Have you ever experienced losing something that is so important to you? The feeling of regret lingers in your mind while you try to sleep.

I never really liked shoes. I'd always tell my friends that I would always pick comfort before fashion 'cuz ever since forever, I think of shoes as fashionable BUT painful.

I've always worn slippers with anything - casual shirts, dresses, shorts. My feet can't stand shoes. It just doesn't feel comfortable.

My mom keeps on buying me shoes because "It'll look good on me" but I just can't seem to be comfortable with them.


My feet would always look so dirty because it's always exposed to dirt.


One day, I saw this shoe from a store in Alabang. Right there and then, I knew I was in love with it! I bought it on the spot without trying it on (It was friday and I had to go to work ASAP) and was hoping that my feet will be comfortable with it. Foolish, right?


But guess what? It did fit! and.. It was so comfortable, i wore it with anything! It looked old so fast because I would wear it at work or at the mall almost all the time..

It's been with me for one month when I did the biggest regret of my life. I wore it on my trip to Iloilo and Boracay.

I thought I had the best trip of my life! I enjoyed every single moment of my vacation.

Since it's Boracay, I accidentally got it wet so I decided to put it to dry in my hotel room's veranda.
The next thing I knew, it's gone! Someone must have took it. I was so upset because I know that was the last pair in the store.

Until now, everytime I come across that shoe store, i'm still hoping that I will find that shoe. The only shoe that caught my eye and comforted my feet. The shoe that kept my feet clean and fresh even after a very long walk.

But deep down, I know it's still not my shoe. Even though I might find a shoe that looks exactly the same, It's still not the same as MY DEAR RUBBER SHOES.



My first shoe opened me up. Now, I appreciate what shoes can do for me!

I guess that's how life goes. You should enjoy every second of the people or things that you love because you'll never know when will you have them with you and if you'll ever find someone or something to replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment